With $10,000 at stake during CDL Bounty Week, fans have been given a glimpse into the potential of the Call of Duty League teams.
As a bonus, Championship Sunday had the infamous FaZe vs Optic matchup. One that runs deep within Call Of Duty esports history.
This qualifier for Major 3 showed us what happens when passion takes over the top players from the Call Of Duty League.
Days one and two have already been covered, which you can read here. Here is an overview of Day 3 AKA Championship Sunday:
- Optic Texas 3-1 Atlanta FaZe
- Toronto Ultra 3-2 New York Subliners
- Scrappy helped secure the win vs New York by forcing a game five, going 38-25
- Prolute gets officially signed onto the Optic Texas roster
- Los Angeles Guerrillas vs Paris Legion: 3-2
- Optic Texas won $10,000 for the “Bounty” against Atlanta FaZe
Here are the Current Top 3 Teams after this event:
- Atlanta FaZe: 200 CDL Points
- Optic Texas: 195 CDL Points
- London Royal Ravens: 140 CDL Points
Minnesota Rokkr are currently top of the qualifiers for Major 3, with a 4-0 record up to this point. They will face OpTic Texas next weekend in a really tough matchup.
This weekend’s qualifiers are the last set before Major 3 in Toronto. They are set to begin May 27 with Paris Legion and Toronto Ultra at 20:00 BST / 15:00 EST.
Let’s see if the young guns of Optic Texas and Toronto Ultra will continue their dominance this weekend. Stay tuned for more.
Photo via Toronto Ultra / Call of Duty League
Follow along with the Rotation’s journey: